XOR Minimization Team
Research Interests and Publications
The research of XOR Minimization team concerns mostly XOR related synthesis and minimization problems. These also include mapping arbitrary Boolean functions to suitable cellular architectures. We are also interested in the application of XOR based expressions in the area of reversible and quantum computing.
- ESOP (Exclusive or Sum Of Product terms) synthesis and minimization.
- ESCT (Exclusive or Sum of Complex Terms) synthesis and minimization.
- Cellular and Reversible architectures (eg. Reversible Wave Cascade).
- Reversible circuits.
- Quantum algorithms and the applicability of XOR based expressions to quantum computing.
XOR Minimization related Publications
- G. Papakonstantinou "A synthesis method for cutpoint cellular arrays", IEEE Transactions on Computers, Dec. 1972.doi
- G. Papakonstantinou "Synthesis of cutpoint cellular arrays with any cell-index set", Electronics Letters, Aug. 1973.doi
- G. Papakonstantinou "Cascade Transformation", IEEE Transactions on computers, Jan 1976.
- G. Papakonstantinou, F. Gritzali "Modulo-2 expressions of switching functions", Electronic Letters, 13(1977).pdf
- G. Papakonstantinou "Synthesis of cutpoint cellular arrays with exclusive-OR collector row", Electronic Letters, 13(1977).pdf
- G. Papakonstantinou "Minimization of modulo-2 sum-of products", IEEE Transactions on Computers, Febr. 1979.pdf
- G. Papakonstantinou "Minimal modulo-2 expressions of switching functions with five variables", International Journal of Electronics, March 1981,50:3,211-214.DOI
- S. Stergiou, G. Papakonstantinou "Exact minimization of ESOP expressions with less than eight product terms", Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers.www
- S. Stergiou, D. Voudouris, G. Papakonstantinou "Multiple-Value Exclusive-or sum-of-products Minimization Algorithms", IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals, Vol.E87-A No.5 p.1226, VLSI Design Technology and CAD.www
- D. Voudouris, S. Stergiou, G. Papakonstantinou "Minimization of reversible wave cascades", IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals, Vol E88-A, No.4, pp. 1015-1023 2005/04.pdf
- D. Voudouris, M. Sampson, G. Papakonstantinou "Exact ESCT Minimization for functions of up to six input variables", Volume 41 , Issue 1 (January 2008), Pages 87-105,Year of Publication: 2008, ISSN:0167-9260.pdf
- M. Sampson, D. Voudouris, M. Kalathas, G. Papakonstantinou, "A Quantum Algorithm for Finding Minimal Exclusive-Or Expressions for Incompletely Specified Boolean Functions", HERMIS Journal, Vol. 10:6-12, 2008. pdf
- S. Stergiou, G Papakonstantinou "An efficient algorithm for exact ESOP minimization", International Conference on VLSI, VLSI02, Las Vegas 2002.www
- S. Stergiou, G. Papakonstantinou "Towards a general novel exact ESOP minimization methodology", 6th International Symposium on Representatios and Methodology of Future Computing Technology, RM 2003, Trier, Germany, 2003.www
- D. Voudouris, G. Papakonstantinou "Maitra Cascade Minimization", 6th International Workshop on Boolean Problems, 2004, Freiberg (Sachsen) Germany, pp. 209 - 220.pdf
- D. Voudouris, M. Kalathas, G. Papakonstantinou "Decomposition_of_Multi_Output_Boolean_Functions", HERCMA 2005, 2005, Athens, Hellas, HERMIS Journal Vol 6-2005, pp. 154-161.pdf
- M. Kalathas, D. Voudouris, G. Papakonstantinou "A heuristic algorithm to minimize ESOPs for multiple output incompletely specified functions", GLSVLSI 2006, Philadelphia, USA, 2006.
- M. Sampson, D. Voudouris, G. Papakonstantinou "A quantum algorithm for finding Minimum Exclusive-Or Expressions", ISVLSI 2007, Porto Allegre, Brazil, May 2007.pdf
- D. Voudouris, M. Sampson, G. Papakonstantinou "Variable Reordering for Reversible Wave Cascades", HERCMA 2007, Sept 2007, Athens, Greece.pdf
- M. Sampson, D. Voudouris, M. Kalathas, G. Papakonstantinou "A Quantum Algorithm for Finding Minimum Exclusive-Or Expressions", HERCMA 2007, Sept 2007, Athens, Greece.pdf
- M. Sampson, D. Voudouris, G. Papakonstantinou "A Quantum Algorithm for Finding Minimum Exclusive-Or Expressions for Multi-Output Incompletely Specified Boolean Functions", The 2008 International Conference on Computer Design, CDES'08, Las Vegas, 2008.pdf
- D Voudouris, M. Sampson, G. Papakonstantinou, "Finding Minimal ESCT Expressions for Boolean Functions with Weight of Up to 7", The 2008 International Conference on Computer Design, CDES'08, Las Vegas, 2008.pdf
- M. Sampson, D. Voudouris,G. Papakonstantinou, "Secure Computations in Minimal Model Using Simple ESCT Decomposition", SoftCOM 2008, Croatia, 2008.pdf
Copyright NoticeThe copyrights for most of the papers listed below are held by the journals or conference proceedings, in which the papers have been published. Pre-prints or draft versions are provided in electronic form through this page, in order to facilitate the dissemination of educational and research-related information in a non commercial basis. The author(s) of these versions of the documents retain the copyright as well as all other rights therein, despite the fact that these documents are here available in electronic form.
If you copy the electronic documents that are provided through this page, you must use the copies in a way that adheres to terms and constraints invoked by the rights of the authors. Documents cannot be copied for commercial redistribution, republication or further dissemination without the explicit permission of the author(s).